Sunday, December 6, 2009

Can You Get Herpes From Dry Humping In Underwear

Blog # 10: The Last Blog

Of the three films, The Official History impressed me the most, particularly because the message is the strongest. Although Alicia's account is not true, the argument is based on real life events that happened during the Dirty War in Argentina. The official story was not my favorite movie, but impressed me the most because it represented the struggles of many Argentines during this time. Ana's account is very dramatic and severe. She represents the many people who were tortured and fled the country in exile. Also, the difficulties faced by many Argentines who had missing family members are represented by the struggles of Alicia, when searching Gaby's biological parents. In total, because the film is very dramatic and sad, impressed me the most.

In my opinion, additional reading, "The price of crossing Mexico" was the most useful to contextualize our discussions, because in my composition 2, I wrote about a woman who immigrated from Mexico. Although she did not face the struggles of many Mexican immigrants because the immigration was legal, in general, the article helped me understand a lot of the struggles of immigration from Mexico. It is very serious that many people who help illegal immigrants using fake names to protect their identities. Also, it's horrible that police in Mexico is very corrupt and brutal. All of these things were important issues to discuss in class.

Of the three literary texts, I feel that "Untitled Poem" by Marjorie Agosin was the most notable. To me, this poem was the most power because the sadness of the mother is very strong. It is very sad to think the way a mother does not know where her daughter, and that every day is the expected and the thought, and there is the possibility that she's dead. Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment